·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi...

Think I measured this up correctly 116 mm diamenter on outside of seat tube,
Divide by pie
gives me 36.92 size clamp.

Don't seem to see anything like that on the market.

Thoughts? Am I just out of luck?

Thank you,

Smkntrls

·
I hate that name.
1,643 Posts
I think you mean you mean you measured circumference rather than diameter. The diameter, outside to outside across the top, is the number you need. I don't have much experience with Fishers prior to 04, but all the GF aluminum full suspension frames that I'm familiar with take a 36.4. Not super common, but easily obtained from a Trek dealer.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi BB (hope you like that better ;-)

Thank you so much for chiming in. It was this post below from another site that got me all confused and why I posted this up and lead to my misuse of terms. Obviously not trying to create any disharmony with this person's attempt to help.

I just measured the diameter and yes 36.4 was pretty much what I got with my ruler.

Thanks again for chiming in!

Smkntrls

10-17-11, 07:38 PM #5
Jed19
Mentioned
0 Post(s)
Tagged
0 Thread(s)
Originally Posted by DGonzalez
Hi,
I am trying to find a seat clamp/collar for my old Gary Fisher Montare bike. The seatpost is 27.2mm x 350 mm. What size seat clamp do I need? I would like a quick release one.

Thanks.
David
Take a piece of string or strip of paper, wrap it around your seat-tube precisely, take that string and measure its length in mm, then divide by the number pi. That is the seatpost clamp size you need.
Regards,

·
I hate that name.
1,643 Posts
No problem. I've seen that string theory posted before. It's good for a laugh and that's about it. At the shop we just used measuring calipers, but most people don't have those in the tool box.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts