Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read the 26 vs 29 threads, but I just need some advice on my specific type of riding.

I ride about 15 miles to work each way on long flat single track trails. I also do alot of road riding. About 5% of my riding is on more technical trails, but saying that, there are no lengthy inclines or declines.

I guess what I'm saying is I want to go fast as possible for as long as possible while not killing myself in the process. I am 5'10", so its not like I need a 29er.

Any advice?

PS - I want to build it up for spring, but cant take one for a test ride as its -22f where I live (Winnipeg)

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
Nothing specific to your riding. Totally main stream.
No reason whatsoever to use anything but the larger wheels you can reasonably buy a bike for.

Smaller-wheel specific riding would involve intension backflips, and intensionally long "hang time".

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cloxxki said:
Nothing specific to your riding. Totally main stream.
No reason whatsoever to use anything but the larger wheels you can reasonably buy a bike for.

Smaller-wheel specific riding would involve intension backflips, and intensionally long "hang time".
By specific I meant I live in the flattest place on earth.

29er it is.

Thanks

·
SSolo, on your left!
2,577 Posts
Mad Dingo said:
I've read the 26 vs 29 threads, but I just need some advice on my specific type of riding.

I ride about 15 miles to work each way on long flat single track trails. I also do alot of road riding. About 5% of my riding is on more technical trails, but saying that, there are no lengthy inclines or declines.

I guess what I'm saying is I want to go fast as possible for as long as possible while not killing myself in the process. I am 5'10", so its not like I need a 29er.

Any advice?

PS - I want to build it up for spring, but cant take one for a test ride as its -22f where I live (Winnipeg)
29er you'll like it! :thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.