Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
mygoodwood.com
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am looking at some iron horse bikes,

first question, I found a Outlaw 4.3 for under $400, good deal? what type of bike is this, XC, AM, ect.? How come when I search Iron Horse it doesn't come up with Outlaws anywhere!

Google search...

I'm just confused about it! lol. any help to what some specs are on this bike and if under $400 new is a good price?

thanks guys.

C.

·
Never worng!
622 Posts
Iron Horse makes really good bikes.
With that said - the Outlaw is probably a store/dealer exclusive bike
with components to hit a particular selling point.
In this case, a $400 FS bike has bare-bottom low-end components.
Personally I wouldn't buy it. It'll cost you a small fortune to upgrade components.
I wouldn't hesitate to buy an IH bike but not this one.

For $400 you can buy an IH hardtail with some really good components.

Two questions:
What type of riding will you be doing?
And how much are you willing to spend?

·
mygoodwood.com
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah,

I own a skate/snow shop so money is a lil tight right now but I was looking $500 give or take some.

Now the only place I have found IH in town is Sport check unfortunately. So here is the link to what it is. LINK.

·
Never worng!
622 Posts
I did go to that link before but like I said above
the Outlaw is probably only sold at this store so the components are store specific.
Dick's Sporting Goods sells Iron Horse bikes that go by other names
that you will not find on the IH website. The only way you will get a list of the components
is to contact the store.

And again - avoid a FS bike that sells for $400 or $500 or $600.
At that price the fork and shock will cause you nothing but grief.

But for $500 you can get a really nice HT with a pretty good fork and good components.
I have an IH HT and a Stumpjumper FSR. Between the 2 my favorite to ride is the IH HT.
And.............the Stumpy new costs $1,600 more than my IH.

·
mygoodwood.com
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what about this one?

Warrior 4.0

It is $700 at Sport Check on sale from $1000.

Forgot to answer my riding. I do what ever I can, I live in Sask Canada, so super flat, so trails, ladders, dirt jumps, anything really we have. lol.

·
mygoodwood.com
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeha? well right now I am riding a $100 Wal Mart Special, A Dyno Force. so anything will be a upgrade. haha.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hahaha, well you have a point there. Wheres the pictures of this beauty? Honestly though, mountain biking is ridiculously expensive and you will end up spending less if you get a better bike to begin with. If you have to make sacrifices do it on components that will annoy not maim, get a decent fork.

·
mygoodwood.com
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will get the pics, they are on a different comp then the one I'm on. Its a beaut! I havent biked in years and wanted to try it, so $100 later...but it did me for the first monthish of riding, but I am in loce with biking again, so want to move up but on a budget with owning a shop, paydays are never guaranteed. lol.

So the Warrior's Fork is the one your saying thats not good enough? or the Outlaw, cause that looks like a shitty fork!

·
Registered
77 Posts
The MZ is a crappy cross country fork. It seems like you are really looking for all mountain or free ride, think of what you will do to that poor fork. :nono: I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you really need to invest in a appropriate bike for your type of riding. If you are dead set on iron horse, that means something like the 6 Point from this years catalog... and its gonna cost you:eekster:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.