Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a set of Maxxis Minion Super Tacky Tires 26/2.5, Specifically the DHF/DHR tires.

I also bought the STANS Tubeless sealant kit, however I did not notice and purchased the Stan's DH kit with the wider tape strips, so I THINK I need to return it to get the proper FreeRide or Standard size kit.

That being said, I am riding some DH this weekend and want to run the tires..... can i just run standard Tubes in the Maxxis Mininon tires this weekend? This may sound like a dumb question and if it is I apologize for not knowing but the reason I ask is because they sell Maxxis DH and Free Ride Tubes also.... so do I NEED those or can I just run my current tubes i'm running in my Michelin Grip R's? I thought it was ok, but figured I should double check they accept the same tubes, this is my first set of Minions. If I need to order tubes I need to do it today so I figured i'd check with the forum experts. But was not sure if those tubes are just thicker and recommended but not necessarily needed.

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Rabid Lana Fan
9,287 Posts
You can run your regular tubes.

The DH tubes are just thicker and therefore more resistant to pinch flats. Desirable, but not 100% neccessary.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts