Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does transition sell a pre-built blindside, or do you assemble it yourself?
also, what do you guys think of the blindside? i read on another thread they were good for the money, but how are they compared to more expensive bikes?

·
2,677 Posts
Kiran M said:
can you choose what they put on the complete bike?
If you go to Transitionbikes.com you can see the different build kits for each bike. There are 3 build kits for each bike. They break down every part on the bike.

·
I gotta pee
335 Posts
I highly recomend the bike. The pre-built kits are pretty nice, mid line components and definately a quality build. Probably a little bit heavier than most of the builds you'll see on here but i'm not sure if you care about that. mine weighs in at a semi portly 44.8 but im swapping to a lighter tire and tubes and it will shave almost 2lbs off that weight

·
Registered
56 Posts
If theres any parts on the build you dont like,see if you can get something else instead.
When I got mine,(frameset)my local shop said they would be swapping out parts to suit individuals

·
Brackish
1,855 Posts
Djponee said:
yea, i think i may buy a frame only after this season. they are nice.
You'll like it as a replacement for the Yak! More lateral stability and much more nimble on the jumps. Feels like the BS has a slightly shorter wheelbase than the Yakuza. I had a Yak ('05) and a friend of mine just got his Blindside built up, they are like night and day difference from my test ride on his bike.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok, so from the factory, i could get the blindside with the rockshox boxxer, floating rear brake assembly, the the single chain ring kit, and the fox dxh 5.0 all assembled?
and if so, is there an additional charge?
sorry for the lame questions, but i want to make sure i am getting this correctly.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
It won't be completely assembled, you'll have to do some wrenching. That's a good thing though, you'll learn about how your bikes works. It helps to have an experienced mechanic there to guide you.

Call Transition, they are awesome to deal with. You could also contact dropnzone.com they are the only authorized web-tailer.

Oh, it's a freakin shredder too!

·
Banned
2,004 Posts
Kiran M said:
ok, so from the factory, i could get the blindside with the rockshox boxxer, floating rear brake assembly, the the single chain ring kit, and the fox dxh 5.0 all assembled?
and if so, is there an additional charge?
sorry for the lame questions, but i want to make sure i am getting this correctly.
The bike won't come pre-assembled. You get a couple boxes with lots of parts in it. It's smart to find a good shop who can face/ream the new BS frame and it's 1.5" headtube.

A good review of the Blindside

http://www.sicklines.com/reviews/2008-transition-blindside/

·
StraightOuttaCompton
3,145 Posts
You'll like it as a replacement for the Yak! More lateral stability and much more nimble on the jumps. Feels like the BS has a slightly shorter wheelbase than the Yakuza. I had a Yak ('05) and a friend of mine just got his Blindside built up, they are like night and day difference from my test ride on his bike.
yea, and for the cheap price of the frame, it is way worth it. i rode N* today and my bike just doesnt cut it anymore. it was a good starting DHer, but now i want a real DH capable machine. i am just going to swap my parts except for the forks. i will get new ones when i get the bike.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
combatkimura said:
It won't be completely assembled, you'll have to do some wrenching. That's a good thing though, you'll learn about how your bikes works. It helps to have an experienced mechanic there to guide you.

Call Transition, they are awesome to deal with. You could also contact dropnzone.com they are the only authorized web-tailer.

Oh, it's a freakin shredder too!
thats okay i guess. the only thing that wigs me about building it myself is putting together/bleeding the hydraulic brakes.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Go for it! When it comes, do as much as you can, and when you get to a road block, hopefully you have a good lbs that can help ya out.

Oh, and the BS is an excellent choice!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.