Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the 2007 Super T RV a good fork for the price of $250(I thought that was a deal!!). It has been ridden on for one summer. I saw that it got bad reviews, so it got me curious as to whether i should go for it or not. Im only like 145 and im planning on buying it and putting it on an 05 stinky. Would appreciate some advice. Thanks.

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
No. It uses SSV damping. It's the same as the old Jr T and really wouldn't offer much (if any benefit) over the Drop Off Triple that comes on the Kona.

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
ill assume yer talkin about the rcv. ive got 1 i used for 1 weekend last season and although its just shy of bein broken in, i gotta say i was pleased. ive kept it so far as a spare in case my boxxer has a issue or the rfx is pulled into light dh service again. guess id part with it for a fair price but im in no hurry.

now the meat and taters. its a very diff fork than the stock oem drop off tripple on yer stinky. with the rcv ya get a 20mm axle, external rebound and compression adjustments, plus 185mm of travel. the drop off ssv is a qr fork as far as i can see, has no external adjustability and just 150mm of travel. i also remember it bein a very heavy fork with steel stantions that tend to flex and have been known to flat out bend. the lowers are a much cheaper alloy and the crowns follow the same cheaper theme and also flex in comparison to the super t's, if i have it right. its been a long time since i looked at 1 but im pretty sure. also, there may be close to 2 lbs diff with the rcv commin in at about 7 lbs even. ill weigh mine for ya if yer curious.

at 145 lbs ya may wanna remove 1 spring. i took out the left side to balance the weight of the brake system. im 165 and i found the super t a bit firm in stock form.

you be the judge but id bag on the drop off for anything like serious use. its a entry level fork at best. just know the a2c of the rcv is much higher and will raise the b/bkt as well as slacken the h/t angle. these could be good things dependin on yer intended use.

good luck with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts