Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a possible business trip in Helena at the end of April.

Will there be any worthwhile riding close to town open at that time of year? I'm not looking for anything epic - just, hopefully, a shop where I could rent a bike for a couple of hours and get some local pedaling done

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance

·
beater
5,933 Posts
By the end of April, yes, the trails are generally pretty much entirely clear. You'll have plenty of options for trails.

There are three shops in town that offer rentals. Big Sky Cycling (Trek, Giant, Rocky) has a small rental fleet; Great Divide Cyclery (Specialized, Santa Cruz) has all-day demos available, and The Garage has a Yeti SB66 built up as a shop bike.

You can find plenty of information about mountain biking here, and Helena in general, at this site: Mountain Biking in Helena, Montana | Bike Helena

I recommend stopping by The Garage to look at the big trail map and ask for ride recommendations. The Mount Helena Ridge ride is the signature local ride, but there are many others.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback. If all goes to plan, I'll have a couple of hours on Sat April 26th before I have to catch a flight back to Seattle @ 4pm

Sent from my XT885 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts