Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently am running a Strong Arm II setup that is 170mm. Is it okay if I were to get a 175 mm Crankset? Looking to replace the Strong Arm II with a Shimano XTR set, but its length is 175mm instead. Don't want to hinder my riding when turning and hitting my front wheel. Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Should be fine

montgod said:
I currently am running a Strong Arm II setup that is 170mm. Is it okay if I were to get a 175 mm Crankset? Looking to replace the Strong Arm II with a Shimano XTR set, but its length is 175mm instead. Don't want to hinder my riding when turning and hitting my front wheel. Thanks in advance for your help.
Is there any specific reason you're currently on a 170mm? I'm no expert but I'd say that you'd be fine with 175mm.

·
Derailleurless
9,122 Posts
montgod said:
Specialized might have thrown a 170 on there because it's a smaller frame, so they may have anticipated a shorter rider (???). Yeah, 175 is fine, BB drop is usually the same between various sizes of the same frame, so you'll be no more or less prone to pedal strikes than anyone else running a very conventional 175mm crankset.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts