Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
negitive. xtr uses a whole new and diff bolt circle. move on. as a owner of these id say its not worth it. the truvative gpx stuff looks just as good. maybe better in some respects.

·
Nothing here
757 Posts
Yeah, XTR isn't worth it with the hassle of having to use way expensive proprietary rings. Also, bash usage is extremely limited. I have XTR and XT and would have to say XT is just as good and you can use any bash guard you want. The rings are still a little pricey but not as damaging to your wallet as XTR.

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
i should say aslo that my '05 xtr's work wonderfully! theyre light and stiff as ive ever used. my biggest issue is the wimpy rings with their short life span. i have no plans to use them on anything other than a xcish bike so the bash ring thing doesnt bother me in the least. thats why i have the old octolink xtr's and a diff spyder as weve talked about many times in the past on this forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.