Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Ridin' in iRie meditation
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to try an air shock to replace my stock Vanilla. For about the same price I can get either a near new Fox Float R or a brand new AD 5. It would go on my trailbike w/ 4in of travel on back. No major hucking, just good ol' aggressive XC on rocky SoCal trails.

Which one of these would you choose and why? Thanks.

·
Uhhhhh...
2,894 Posts
KonaFred said:
I'd like to try an air shock to replace my stock Vanilla. For about the same price I can get either a near new Fox Float R or a brand new AD 5. It would go on my trailbike w/ 4in of travel on back. No major hucking, just good ol' aggressive XC on rocky SoCal trails.

Which one of these would you choose and why? Thanks.
Manitous Swinger 3 or 4 way w/ SPV. Your bike will be better and bob less.

-TS

·
Registered
25 Posts
The 04 Fox would be a Pro Pedal. The Manitou 3-way is a really good shock as well but is a little more finicky with the SPV setting. The Fox is a little smoother and easier to set up. The new ProPedal works great. Also, the Manitou 3-way is hard to get. The 4-way is too heavy and not needed for a 4' inch travel bike. Now the really new 05 Fox RP3 is way cool. We are testing them(we at Hammerhead Bikes) right now. So far after 3 weeks I really like it. Traction is improved overall. We'll have more updates later. Final advice, go with Fox. If you like tinkering...Manitou. They both work well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts