Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says, this is a quick question about handlebars. I'm looking for a new handlebar right now; being a fairly wide shouldered guy and having just converted to singlespeed, I feel like I need a little more leverage. I'd like to know of any suggestions for wide handlebars. How wide can I go? Are risers generally wider than flat bars? Sorry if this is a real noob question, it seems that on all the websites that sell bars, no width is posted.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Risers are generally wider than flats, so if you like flats you could alwasy opt for a 1/2" riser and a stem with less rise to go along with it. You can get risers around 27" wide.

·
Registered
11,771 Posts
im using a 27.5" bar on the SS

94ranger234 said:
As the title says, this is a quick question about handlebars. I'm looking for a new handlebar right now; being a fairly wide shouldered guy and having just converted to singlespeed, I feel like I need a little more leverage. I'd like to know of any suggestions for wide handlebars. How wide can I go? Are risers generally wider than flat bars? Sorry if this is a real noob question, it seems that on all the websites that sell bars, no width is posted.

Thanks all.
its a RF air alloy. If you switchin IMO look at something with no more than 1" of rise, 5 degrees of flair & taper. A real good SS bar is the titec hell bent. its knida heavy but so strong..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.