Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick video of my son who just turned 10 riding at USNWC in Charlotte, NC. He was last years 65cc MX champ but a job change put of out of racing anymore serious MX. He is wanting to do some XC Racing, it's all local to Charlotte and cost way less than MX racing. I believe he will do OK, we average 2 to 3 ten mile ride a week so I think he'll have a good first race season.

·
Registered
164 Posts
That is kick ***!!! My son is 6 years old. I have had him on two wheels now for about 1 year. He is only riding in the empty parking lot across from our house, but my dream is to someday have him out on the mountains of CO during vacations to the front range. Who knows, maybe the first time I ride Fruita or Durango will be with my son.

How tall is your son, and what size wheels is he riding? I was thinking that I would be able to pick up a really pimp used 26" wheeled full suspension in a few years since most folks are going to 29ers (including myself).

Cool video!! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Chis V ! He is only 52" tall...one of the shortest in his grade but yet one of the strongest. He's riding a Specialized Hotrock 24" wheels, upgrades include a 34t freewheel for better climbing, XT derailleur, Crank Bros Candy pedals, light weight riser bars and carbon seatpost. Future upgrades may include a good quality 26" front suspension with 26" front wheel.
You'll see in about the 50 second mark where he lofts his front wheel over some roots to keep his momentum going. It's uphill and is always steeper than the video appears.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts