Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Shred all that can be
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just ordered a wheelset from chainreaction's custom cataloug and wanted to know what you guys thought of the quality of CRC's wheelbuilding and the "setup" I chose for my 6" AM/Super D rig, it is as follows..

Hope Pro ll's F/R (silver)
DT Swiss Comp spokes 2.0-1.8 (black)
Pro Lock brass nips
Sun EQ 29 (white)

ALL for a measley $375.14 American made dollars.

The rims I guess if anything is the real concerne.. that I guess also depends on who's lacin' em up..

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
Can't say anything about their wheelbuilding, I do my own. I was sorely tempted by their pricing recently when I was thinking about shifting some wheels around on various bikes, but really didn't need a whole wheelset. Even if I had to redo the wheels they'd still be priced well, although I've seen a few positive comments about their builds on the forums. In the end I decided to at least spend the bucks on components at a buddy's shop here.

I have used the Equalizer 27 in a 650b wheelset with Sapim Laser spokes (on King ISOs) for my "Beckler" and they're holding up fine. Am about to build a front wheel with a 26" Eq 27/Pro 2/ Sapim Laser spokes, too, for use on a couple different bikes (wanted a wheel that could go back and forth between 20mm/9mm setups). Didn't quite want the weight of the Eq 29 though the extra width was tempting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts