Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm thinking about replacing my old conversion frame and was eyeballing the Voodoo Wanga

I would appreciate it if anybody was so kind as to answer the two following questions:

- what fork length does it call for ?
- what's the biggest tire it would accept ?

Thanks !

Maurice

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I had been looking for that site, the old .com address didn't work.

I'm asking here and addressing this to actual owners because you know how manufacturers answer ;)

Thanks for the link again,

Maurice

·
Registered
386 Posts
Maurice said:
Hi,

I'm thinking about replacing my old conversion frame and was eyeballing the Voodoo Wanga

I would appreciate it if anybody was so kind as to answer the two following questions:

- what fork length does it call for ?
- what's the biggest tire it would accept ?

Thanks !

Maurice
I'm not sure they are designed with a 100mm fork in mind but mine handles fine with a 100mm Marathon SL. I have been curious if Joe Murray designed this frame with either a 80 or 100mm fork in mind, because IMO it handles better than the Surly Frame did with the same fork. The flipside is that the 13cm headtube on above the 100mm fork the handlebar position sits suprisingly tall, but this is a personal thing with me, as I'm just used to having my handlebar about 2" below the steat.

As for the tire clearance, It fits a 2.3 conti Vertical pro with ease in the back. For your reference I measured the narrowest part of the frame, which is on the chainstay behind the seat, at the point where the widest part of a tire would run. It is approx. 6.5cm or 2.75 inches as measured with my highly accurate (hand-held-ruler-and-one-eye-closed) measuring technique.

cheers from Autsin
SL

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, that's very helpful.

I just got a reply from Joe Murray as well, and he says the frame would work best with a 100mm fox fork. Luck has it that it's what I have on my full squish. mmmhh

He also says a Marathon SL would work well, although it would steer slower.

Maurice

·
Registered
386 Posts
Maurice said:
Thanks, that's very helpful.

I just got a reply from Joe Murray as well, and he says the frame would work best with a 100mm fox fork. Luck has it that it's what I have on my full squish. mmmhh

He also says a Marathon SL would work well, although it would steer slower.

Maurice
So he actually confirmed that the frame was designed around a 100mm fork? Thats fairly progressive thinking for a hardtail frame design. I like it though, I enjoy the travel on mine. I was fairly certain that it was designed with some form of 100mm compatability in mind, cool to have that confirmed by the designer as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.