Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
DOWNHILL MAFIA
1,360 Posts
RuNDmC1087 said:
I am probabally gonna go to UCI next fall and im wondering two things:

Where do you store your expensive bikes (dorm, car....)?

What good places to ride are there in Irvine (orange county) area?
You should post something like this in the Socal forum: http://forums.mtbr.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=68

Hey, if you ever wanna come by my area, I'll take you on some sick trails, and maybe even give you a personal dirt jumping lesson.;)

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JSUN said:
You should post something like this in the Socal forum: http://forums.mtbr.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=68

Hey, if you ever wanna come by my area, I'll take you on some sick trails, and maybe even give you a personal dirt jumping lesson.;)
sweet...ill remember that for next year!

my main problem is i don't know where to put my bike, i don't wanna lock an expensive bike up outside, and i dont know if there is enough room for it in the dorm.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
when I was in the dorms, I stored it right under where I slept... LOCKED to the post of my loft.

My roomate had a fit about it, but after a heated argument, and me almost kicking his ass, he decided it was best to just let it go :D

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
Zonk0u said:
when I was in the dorms, I stored it right under where I slept... LOCKED to the post of my loft.

My roomate had a fit about it, but after a heated argument, and me almost kicking his ass, he decided it was best to just let it go :D
good advice, but if i was your roomate I would wait till you slept./

Dorms suck...too much traffic...too many people know what you got (they will bring bolt cutters (get a great lock) Talk to a bike shop about storing it or find some friends quick

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I could store it at my cousins house which is in Pomona but Irvine to Pomona everytime i wanna go for a ride seems like kinda of a hassle, id rather keep it in my car or something, but considering i would be living on campus im not sure how much i would drive and it would just end up sitting there and possibly getting stolen along with my car. But who knows, Irvine dosn;t looks like a pretty safe neighborhood but i dont know.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
good advice, but if i was your roomate I would wait till you slept./

Dorms suck...too much traffic...too many people know what you got (they will bring bolt cutters (get a great lock) Talk to a bike shop about storing it or find some friends quick
which is why it was LOCKED to my bedpost. No way in hell they could get it off without waking me up... and in those days, I slept with several lacrosse and hockey sticks close at hand. :D

get a brooklyn lock, tone down the bike, IE either paint it a shitty looking color, or just strip all the decales off and put huffy stickers on it or something.

·
Registered
116 Posts
RobsterCraw said:
just get a rapist style van to put it in.
Bad idea.

It is very easy to break into a car.

you will be better off just keaping it under your bed. There is no way that somone would break into your dorm just to jack a bike. If anything they would break in to jack your laptop, or computer. You will look kind of funny walking your bike to the elevator, and than to your room, but it is much better than getting your bike stolen.

·
DOWNHILL MAFIA
1,360 Posts
piotrek91 said:
It is very easy to break into a car.
I agree, someone broke into my car to steal my CD's!!!! My sister's car was broken into for a sewing machine!!! There are professional thieves out there, who knows, they probably have their own website with forums about how to steal bikes!! A good lock is a must. Even if you keep it in your dorm, I would lock it up! Its hard to trust ANYONE these days.

·
brooklyn bike rider
506 Posts
i've always kept it next to or under my bed.
i don't lock it tho, because when bolted, our dorm doors are very hard to get through.
i'm also not too worried about people knowing what i have,
because people also see me practising martial arts all the time,
and my suitemate who lives across from my room is 6'2", 280 lbs of muscle.
but that's just my specific case. :D

get a great lock, and keep an eye on those who keep an eye on you
when you're on your bike.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Mine is hung up in the corner right now. I was more worried about it getting stolen when i lived on the 1st floor (we got broken into a couple times) so I kept it locked with a cable lock. Now however i just let it hang there. I just lock my door. . . always.

Plus you get to ride down the stairwells and scare the crap out of people.

·
Registered
116 Posts
skatetokil said:
Dude, i love doing that, except there is a 100+$ fine for riding on the sidewalk at my school, so eventhough i'm sure that i could easily outrun the fat bikercops, that is not shuch a good idea

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
skatetokil said:
Mine is hung up in the corner right now. I was more worried about it getting stolen when i lived on the 1st floor (we got broken into a couple times) so I kept it locked with a cable lock. Now however i just let it hang there. I just lock my door. . . always.

How did u hang it in the corner?

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
How about a storage unit? Perhaps you can split it with someone if you cant afford it by your self. BTW there are a few decent trails around, like Whiting, Aliso Woods and the Oaks, all about 30min from UCI.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.