Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Got the okay from my parents to let me go to Sea Otter this year. I plan on going, provided I can get the time off (getting time off from a shop during Sea Otter is pretty tricky). My question is regarding lodging. I am 16, and (if possible) I plan on going only with my my friend who is 17, so obviously a hotel is out of question. Are there any campsites that anyone knows of where they can rent a spot to minors? Or if anyone has any ideas regarding where we might be able to stay.

The second question is: If you're not racing, is it worth it to bring your bike? I plan on finishing my Nomad this weekend so I wouldn't mind tooling it around (although in the grand spectrum of things, there will obviously be nicer bikes). Are there any decent trails (that probably wouldn't be too crowded) around the area? More Dh than XC trails that is.

Thanks in advance,
Matt

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Definitely bring your bike ! , Lots of trails.

Not sure on the campsites, I never camped there. But I think you can book a site on line and need to do it early, like this week.

Have fun

·
Track Junkie
1,236 Posts
Actual Camp Sites usually sell out in November. Sometimes they have an overflow camping area on a grassy hillside - if you use this it is best to just 'camp' in your car/truck. Check/call Sea Otter for campsite availability.

Yes bring your bike. The venue is HUGE and to ride from event to event, you'll want the bike. You won't be allowed to ride the DH/DS courses without entering the events. But the XC trails/course is open for riding when there isn't a race using the course.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.