Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When performing tricks where both hands come off the bars at once is it necessary to grip the seat with your knees? Or will the bike stick with you relatively well.

·
Registered
952 Posts
To learn one handers, hit a jump you are comfortable with, and open your hand, don't move it, as you become comfortable with that move your hand away from the grip. I told this to a friend of mine and two jumps later his hand was full extension up in the air.

Pinching the seat helps with bike control, but learning to do that also help to get your knees out of the way. Really sucks to do a X-up or Bar-spin and have the bars get caught up on your knees.

To learn barspins I began trying them on the ground in manuals.
It went like this:
Manual pinch seat.
Manual pinch seat remove right hand.
Manual pinch seat remove left hand.
Manual pinch seat X-up
Manual pinch seat X-up one hander
Manual barspin

Then I did the same steps in the air.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ihatemybike said:
To learn one handers, hit a jump you are comfortable with, and open your hand, don't move it, as you become comfortable with that move your hand away from the grip. I told this to a friend of mine and two jumps later his hand was full extension up in the air.

Pinching the seat helps with bike control, but learning to do that also help to get your knees out of the way. Really sucks to do a X-up or Bar-spin and have the bars get caught up on your knees.

To learn barspins I began trying them on the ground in manuals.
It went like this:
Manual pinch seat.
Manual pinch seat remove right hand.
Manual pinch seat remove left hand.
Manual pinch seat X-up
Manual pinch seat X-up one hander
Manual barspin

Then I did the same steps in the air.
seems like the x-up and x-up one hander would throw the my balance for a manual all to hell, are you pinching your seat while doing those?

·
Registered
952 Posts
Lickqid said:
seems like the x-up and x-up one hander would throw the my balance for a manual all to hell, are you pinching your seat while doing those?
Doesn't really throw your balance off. You might not be able to hold the manual after the X-ups, but you'll have enough time to get them in. Yes, pinch the seat on all of them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.