Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a spare pre-owned Voodoo Wanga frame lying around.

Its Orange colour and uses 531 Reynolds. Anyone has any idea which year's frame is this? Also, is the geometry any different from the current 08 / 09 Wanga or Wanga One?

How will a 04 Marzocchi Z1 FR SL fork change the geometry cos I understand the Wanga is designed for a 100mm travel fork...

Thanks

·
Registered
230 Posts
those have been the same color for a long time, I think.

I would email voodoo with the serial number (often the serial will include a vintage). and ask them what the intended fork length is for that vintage.

when you run a longer than intended fork, you make the head angle more slack and raise the bars and bottom bracket. If you run a 130 on a 100, you might not mind; but the bike should be somewhat less responsive. I ran a 100mm fork on a bike that was desiged for 64mm and it was truly horrible, unresponsive pos. your case would seem to be less extreme.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply... i gotta go check the serial number first....

now... how would this 130mm fork really affect the way I ride if the Voodoo frame was already slightly too big for me to begin with.... will the longer travel make the frame easier or harder to ride??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.