Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help regarding a frame for my fiance. Long story short, she wanted to get into it this past summer, so I bought her a Spec Myka FSR in January. Then, we found out she was pregnant. She didn't want to start riding while pregnant, so we decided to wait until next summer. Fast forward to the end of the summer, and both of our bikes were stolen from the balcony of our apartment. I was really mad because I love to ride, but she was even more so. She never had a chance to ride hers. I promised her I'd replace them.
So, I was looking on ebay just to see what was out there for both of us, and found this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120508199675&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

So, here are my questions. First, she's about about 5'4" (she says there's another half inch in there, so between 5'4" and 5'5" I guess). Would a 16" frame be the right size? Anyone have any experience with the Juliana? Is it any good? Anyone know what year this is? The guy says he got it earlier this year, but doesn't specify whether he got it new or used, and it doesn't seem SC has an archive. It's awfully cheap, so it makes me wonder. Anyone have any thoughts?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Don't know the year exactly, but appears to be around 2002.

Sucks about the bikes...

I keep mine inside the house; I don't even trust the garage. Someone broke in there once and broke into our two cars and took the stereos. Low life scumbags :madmax:

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya, I hate them. My inscription says it all. I just didn't think someone would actually climb up onto my balcony to take them. It was in a relatively safe neighborhood in a rather safe town. Oh well, I learned my lesson. Certainly was a hard one...
Anyway, the seller said he believes it's an '04. He said the person he bought it from wasn't sure but thought it was an '04, and he believes the polished aluminum was first offered by SC in '04.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.