Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how is it that Miss Jonnier 4 Peats the dual at sea otter, and only gets 3 lines in MBA with a tiny little picture? someone please explain this to me? its awsome, sometimes, the complete lack of coverage of ironhorse bikes in this major publication. it is the elephant in the room!

·
Registered
43 Posts
lol...yeah i feel ya. i think it has something to do with the fact that i have never seen a ih add in that mag. you give them no money, they give you no review!!! that is why i no longer get that mag.

·
Registered
216 Posts
MBA only writes about Trek, Giant, Cannodale, Santa Cruz and sometimes Gary Fisher. Kona will get a little mention, but Iron Horse is definitely a no no. Either the magazine personally hates Iron Horse bikes or Iron Horse bikes pissed off the magazine sometime in the past.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
SenorSlacker said:
Then again MBA doesn't write about Huffy or Next bikes either. How about a discount store shoot off MBA. Next, Iron Horse and Mongoose department store bikes head to head.
they did exactly that some time ago. in typical MBA fashion, it still sucked.

·
Registered
272 Posts
They addressed this in one of the letters in the beginning of the same months magazine. They said if you can show proof that they show favoritism, they are all ears.

So lets do it, lets all write a collective letter exposing this "proof" if it does indeed exist.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Yes they did, but technology has grown significantly since their last box store test. I can't see how a lot of older technology did not filter down to the department store bikes. It's possible that excluding the frame welds, the bikes sitting in the department stores are equalivalent to lbs bikes from 5 years ago. Not a bad deal. I curious how these bikes would hold up on XC type trails. If I recall correctly, MBA put the bikes through downhill tests that would guarantee the failure of the bikes. How would these bikes hold on a XC or marathon course?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.