Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was buying some clipless shoes yesterday and the guy at the bikeshop (not where I bought my bike originally) said the cleats should have been included with the pedals and given to me when I bought the bike.

I have the 2008 Coilair base model with the shimano m505s and was just wondering if any of you guys received cleats with your bike??? I was going to ask Kona directly but I can't seem to find a way to contact them.

i wanted to have some ammo before i asked for the cleats. (and i know they are only like $20 something but thats $20 i dont have to spend again if it was supposed to be included)

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have bought LOTS of bikes over the past 20 years and I have never been given cleats when purchasing a bike with clipless pedals. I get them when I have bought pedals, but never a bike. Just fork out the $$$ and go ride.

·
Registered
666 Posts
My wife's Kona ManoMano years ago came with clipless pedals. Like your experience, the bike shop didn't include cleats with the bike. I asked Kona about it and they said they come with the bike. I went back to the shop and they gave them to me. My guess is the LBS likes making a little extra $$$ off of you and other un-knowing buyers by keeping the cleats and selling them later.

At another bike shop, my Stinky came with two bottles of touch up paint.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hrm

i guess i will have to call them up and ask for them....

it would mainly be for back up only, since I installed eggbeaters and use those cleats… but it’s the principle of it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.