Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Singletrack Addict!!!
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Dougal.

I have a minute 2 04, 05 damping assembly. Recently servicing it and tweeking. Managed to ruin the SPV flat piston seal ( o-ring on 04 version). E-mailed Manitow and Bobby just sent me a new damping assembly, talk about customer service:thumbsup: . Anyway I have the damaged one, is there any way I can get that flat seal? any fix? Also the foam rings above the bushings are starting to desintegrate? are they anywhere available or should I just get the Enduro seal kit? Seals are still ok, at least fork is not leaking.

You instructed how to devolve. Is there anyway to make the SPV plusher without devolving. I was thinking that instead of removing the small white cap, maybe installing a softer spring (thou is is so soft already) or shortening it a bit would facilitate the valve/cap to open sooner, thus enabling more fluid flow? I like the SPV, feels more stable and controled at speeds compared to other forks I've tried. But as many, I do miss the initial plushness. Does this SPV assembly can be installed on a microlube TPC Black? Are they interchangeable? Thou the black's are 120mm.

Too many questions but a man has to learn..:D Thanks for any input.

·
Singletrack Addict!!!
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Everyone else's invited... Any input????

·
Registered
10,095 Posts
Once you've damaged the glide ring it's hard to get them in again. One trick that can work if it is stretched is to cut a slice out of it on an angle. Then you've got to hold it carefully while you reinsert it.
Of course doing this will let a little oil bypass the piston, essentially adding to the SPV devolve effect and reducing the platform a little more.

The Blacks and minutes share a lot of parts, but I know the piston sizes changed somewhere along the line. The earlier blacks had 22mm pistons, the new ones went bigger for the rebound (just like the minutes).
While it's possible to convert small to large and vice-versa, it can take some work and some tools.

I highly recommend Enduro Seals. I both use and sell them.

·
Singletrack Addict!!!
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a lot for your time, any comment on the devolve cap - spring question.

·
Registered
10,095 Posts
Relayden said:
Thanks a lot for your time, any comment on the devolve cap - spring question.
The check valve spring is only there to keep the check valve closed. Since it's only open on rebound, a lighter spring will only have a small effect there. In the extreme case, a heavy check valve spring (if the check valve had no bleed hole) would give you a platform effect on rebound too.

I generally dislike platform feel (but do like the appropriate amount of low speed compression) so removing the valve and spring entirely helped a lot.

·
Singletrack Addict!!!
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Dougal! will attempt the devolve and see what happens. :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts