Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am new to the forum and I have a problem with my brain rear shock.

The thing is that when I first sit on the bike, I feel like it is a few micro-millimeter gap before the shock "kicks in". When I ride the bike there is no problem at all, everything works like it supposed to. Hope you understand what I mean :)

My bike is a Specialized Epic Comp from 2012. Bought it a year ago and have ride about 600 miles. All bushings seems perfectly okay. Did not have this problem last year but it was only now that it has occurred. Anyone have an idea on what might be wrong?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Have you had it rebuilt ? I do not have the issue you describe, but I have it rebuilt once a season too. ASk you dealer to look at it ? Not with the brain but with other shocks I have found that a "dead spot" is indicative of a failing shock.

·
old fart
1,203 Posts
Hi,

I am new to the forum and I have a problem with my brain rear shock.

The thing is that when I first sit on the bike, I feel like it is a few micro-millimeter gap before the shock "kicks in". When I ride the bike there is no problem at all, everything works like it supposed to. Hope you understand what I mean :)
It does sound like you have some "slop" (technical term) in the bushes or the suspension. I would recommend that you remove the rear wheel and de-pressurise the shock and verify that the rear triangle is not loose. Make sure that you move the suspension through it's full range of travel. Check the Horst, S-Link and Swingarm bearings for play.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Those millimiters you talk about it's only the sag,it's there even when the Brain fully disengaged,so nothing to worry about.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts