Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Out riding my Scalpel
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use the Lefty on my Jekyll 1000 and was wondering what is a good plush or stiff setting? I really dig this fork alot. But need to know the pressure settings or a weight chart that Cannondale may have to the question I'm asking. Thanks for your help.

·
Poser
263 Posts
subzero said:
I use the Lefty on my Jekyll 1000 and was wondering what is a good plush or stiff setting? I really dig this fork alot. But need to know the pressure settings or a weight chart that Cannondale may have to the question I'm asking. Thanks for your help.
I would disagree that you need specific numbers. if you want a plush ride, pump enough air into it so it sags say, 25% into it's travel. Stiff ride, change that to 10%.

The PSI will be specific for a body weight, and it seemed 10-15 PSi was the difference between one end and the other for me. I can't imagine a chart could do anything but get you in the roughest ballpark.

·
Out riding my Scalpel
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just now looked at the owners manual and they state 75% of the riders weight would be a good starting point and when I did the calulations. I like to ride comfortable. Theses are the calulations I came up with regarding my weight that varies from time to time. What do you think?

Weight....180=135/185=138.75/190= 142.50

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I have the Carbon Lefty on my Scalpel and weigh about 165. I started out at 110 PSI when it was new as the shock was stiff while breaking in. Now I'm at 120-125 PSI which puts me in the 70-75% range.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I've been using the Lefty DLR for 3 years now. My weight is around 190 and prefer a plush fork - if I need it stiff I flip the lockout switch. I run the fork at 110-130 psi depending on the trail and my mood.

subzero said:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.