Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..does anybody know if the XT M735 front der with a 1 1/4" endless steel clamp will properly fit a 1 1/8" seat tube? My impression is that there was no 1 1/8" specific EC model but i don't know if the 1 1/4" clamp can be tightened enough to fit the 1 1/8" tube and if the shape of the part of the der that rests against the tube properly fits the smaller tube.

Guess i have to use a 1 1/8" band clamp der but thought i ask first.

Thanks, Carsten

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bushpig said:
I have two band sizes for my EC front derailleurs.
which sizes are that? i know 1 1/4 and 1 3/8 EC derailleurs but haven't seen or heard of a 1 1/8 EC der hence my question if the 1 1/4 was meant to be used for 1 1/8 and 1 1/4 seat tubes

Carsten

·
Mantis, Paramount, Campy
4,751 Posts
I Don't Think So

I have a 1 1/4 and while I can get it fairly tight on a 1 1/8 tube it will eventually slip from the cable pulling it during shifting.
The shape of the derailleur body does not match the 1 1/8 tube well. That's why it won't tighten fully.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shayne said:
I have a 1 1/4 and while I can get it fairly tight on a 1 1/8 tube it will eventually slip from the cable pulling it during shifting.
The shape of the derailleur body does not match the 1 1/8 tube well. That's why it won't tighten fully.
Thanks Shayne, that's exactly what i needed to know!

Carsten

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.