Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Ernesto,

with this deal, time for me to upgrade from my crappy shimano bmx freewheel

do your regular freewheels run silently?

I saw on another thread your trails model has a clicking , I want silent

tia

·
Registered
128 Posts
Ok, I have a rear wheel being built by my lbs with the eccentric eno hub, and i just ordered an eno freewheel 18t. Will the hub work with other freewheels too, that are cheaper, in case i want to experiment with different gearings without breaking the bank? I imagine after finding the best combo with cheap freewheels, i will saddle up and buy the same tooth ENO.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Dgtlbliss said:
Ok, I have a rear wheel being built by my lbs with the eccentric eno hub, and i just ordered an eno freewheel 18t. Will the hub work with other freewheels too, that are cheaper, in case i want to experiment with different gearings without breaking the bank? I imagine after finding the best combo with cheap freewheels, i will saddle up and buy the same tooth ENO.
YES the ENO hub will work with any shimano or ACS FW 16t and larger, 15 and below have a smaller thread diameter

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
doco said:
Ernesto,

with this deal, time for me to upgrade from my crappy shimano bmx freewheel

do your regular freewheels run silently?

I saw on another thread your trails model has a clicking , I want silent

tia
not silent at all. the freewheels sound like they should...loud. Sound gets you that fuzzy feelin'

These are not silent at all. They like to tell the little bunnies and happy squirrels you're coming down a hill, to watch out n' move out of the way.

·
t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
4,767 Posts
Silent it is not, smooth it is!:thumbsup:
Motorcycle accessories Metal Silver Steel Carbon

Got mine a couple weeks ago, after my $himano went out during a cold, snowy night ride. By the end of the ride cranks were turning with no engagement, next day totally fine. I payed a bit more but for this price may have to get one as a back up but shouldn't need it for a looong time, i'm hoping!

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.