Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Got Trails?
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have contacted IH 2 times asking this question & each time they kind of dance around it.

My question is this: I have an 06' IH Warrior TeamSe, I know it is not a top notch hard tail but, where would it fall in regards of strength? I am not talking about the components as I have changed just about everything out for much better components, I just mean the frame. I bought the bike from Dicks Sporting Goods ( I really wanted an IH & no LBS's had IH) Then begain removing parts & installing much better quality parts.

The answer I got from IH was that "the frame is a modified Maverick frame which is why they called it a Warrior. It is not from the Warrior line of frames". This doesn;t really answer me though. So what do you guys being IH riders think. Is it a decent frame or not?

I have pics if that would help?

Thanks

·
Industry Loudmouth
964 Posts
Maverick & Warrior series hardtail frames are 6061-T6 aluminum w/ a formed downtube & monostay, forged dropouts, and a zerostack headtube. The Warrior frame also features butted front triangle tubes. These frames are designed for XC and trail use. They are not designed for jumping or hucking. For the price, the frames are light and durable and we have seen very few warranty issues on the frames. Bottom line: bang for your buck XC.

-ska todd

·
Got Trails?
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Like I said I have the warrior team se which is supposed to be similar to the maverick. I am happy with the performance of the frame since I dont do to many jumps, I may hit the occasional 1'-3' drops/jumps but nothing major.

Thanks

Oh yeah I am not to sure what huck is?

·
In dog years, I'm dead.
1,073 Posts
ironbike1 said:
Thanks for the reply. Like I said I have the warrior team se which is supposed to be similar to the maverick. I am happy with the performance of the frame since I dont do to many jumps, I may hit the occasional 1'-3' drops/jumps but nothing major.

Thanks

Oh yeah I am not to sure what huck is?
Iron Bike,

I have the same bike & bought it from Dick's for the same reason - a lot of value for the money & the LBS carried only Trek. I think you will be bottoming out the 100 mm Rock Shox J1 long before you put the frame in any danger.

·
Got Trails?
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
burtronix said:
Iron Bike,

I have the same bike & bought it from Dick's for the same reason - a lot of value for the money & the LBS carried only Trek. I think you will be bottoming out the 100 mm Rock Shox J1 long before you put the frame in any danger.
Allready did that. Most of the original components are gone, I think the only things left original are the Shox, cranks, cassette, shifters & BB I plan on changing those out eventually. If I dont get a new bike in the next yr. or so.:D

·
In dog years, I'm dead.
1,073 Posts
ironbike1 said:
Allready did that. Most of the original components are gone, I think the only things left original are the Shox, cranks, cassette, shifters & BB I plan on changing those out eventually. If I dont get a new bike in the next yr. or so.:D
Already bottomed out the shocks on 1-3" jumps? You must be a really big guy. Or you need to set your spring tension tighter. Maybe both. Or did you mean 1-3' jumps?

Oops, my mistake. I see you did say 1-3' drops/jumps. The most I'm doing is bunny-hops over 12" logs or dropping off some small stuff, no more than 1.5'. Maybe you need to upgrade your fork. Come to think of it, if you're doing 3' drops maybe you need a soft-tail.

·
Got Trails?
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
burtronix said:
Already bottomed out the shocks on 1-3" jumps? You must be a really big guy. Or you need to set your spring tension tighter. Maybe both. Or did you mean 1-3' jumps?

Oops, my mistake. I see you did say 1-3' drops/jumps. The most I'm doing is bunny-hops over 12" logs or dropping off some small stuff, no more than 1.5'. Maybe you need to upgrade your fork. Come to think of it, if you're doing 3' drops maybe you need a soft-tail.
Not a big guy, I weigh around 175 & I'm 5'11", I just ride hard & put the bike to test everytime I can. I have adjusted the tension but it really doesn't make a whole lot of difference.
Most of the time I am just climbing the logs or big rocks with a few drop offs not amounting to much more then 2'. There is a couple spots I ride that have bigger drops in the 3'-10' range which I stay away from. Not only because my bike isn't meant for it but because I dont have the same "no fear" attitude that I had when I was in my teens.:D As for getting a softtail, I think I am a few yrs away from that, I like my Hard Tail.

Eventually I will upgrade the fork or buy a newer bike from my LBS (if I can talk the wife into it)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.