Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided to take the plunge on going tubeless and I ordered the stan's no tubes kit, and some wtb weirwolf tubeless tires. I have a giant revel 3 with gx-02 tires and am not able to find any information in regards to it's tubeless compatibility.

I know what you're saying, why didn't you find this out prior to purchasing. I did do some research, and from what I read initially it seemed like the kit was rather universal, but upon further reading, that doesn't seem to be the case with all rims. Any help would be greatly appreciated fellas. New rider that has fallen in love with riding, and has lost a ton of weight thanks to it! :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you provide information about the rims, make, model, inner width, maybe a picture of the rim bed?
don't have it on hand. currently at work. but i'll be sure to get all the details and take some pics of the rim without the tire after my ride today. i'd hate to waste the kit or mess up the tires if not necessary.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Revel 3 (2013) | Giant Bicycles | United States

this looks to be what my bike is. mine looks to be the white version, except with red accents instead of gray. oddly enough i find a hard time finding one that looks just like mine. there's little to no information i can find as far as the giant gx-02 rims go. all i've been able to find is "Giant Alloy, Double Wall."

·
Kitty! Kitty! Kitty!
1,080 Posts
My guess would be either P-XC2 or S-XC2 wheelset. There's a thread about going tubeless with these wheelsets in the Giant subforum. Don't have the link handy, but check it out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
good news gents. after trying and failing, a local friend who works at the lbs was able to get it done. took her out and loved the new grip. a lot more rolling resistance on the concrete, but well worth it. kind of a waste though because i just bought this :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts