Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
With the power your legs put out Kent, I'm sure you're just not noticing the comparatively minuscule amount of power the bike adds. ;)

1619646471728.png

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Sorry I missed this question. 2021 Specialized Turbo Levo Comp Brose 2.1 motor. I usually notice this sensation on Eco but sometimes on Trail mode, on flatter or rolling terrain with speeds around 10-15 mph (?)
On eco i am not surprised. I am on a different system but with some similarity. The lower assist wants to give range so if you want more assist you up the assist but will run out of energy sooner. On the contrary the maximum assist want to work and it drains the battery. Each brand software is a bit different so the motor is a part of the equation, you are one part and the software also is important.
Basically the rider who wants range should be happy and others should also find what works for them.
When i feel less supported by the assist i know i can ride many hours. If i have a strong head wind the assist
works non stop but my distance will be limited just like if i was climbing non stop.

·
Registered
12,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
On eco i am not surprised. I am on a different system but with some similarity. The lower assist wants to give range so if you want more assist you up the assist but will run out of energy sooner. On the contrary the maximum assist want to work and it drains the battery. Each brand software is a bit different so the motor is a part of the equation, you are one part and the software also is important.
Basically the rider who wants range should be happy and others should also find what works for them.
When i feel less supported by the assist i know i can ride many hours. If i have a strong head wind the assist
works non stop but my distance will be limited just like if i was climbing non stop.
This makes sense. I notice it most in eco when I’m trying to conserve battery because I have a long route planned but am over-pedaling, adding in more effort on my own. Maybe I’d be a good candidate for the SL or Rise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 24 of 24 Posts