1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
I ride bikes
2,420 Posts
The big difference is the fork, and the drivetrain.

With the 730 you get better shifters and an XT rear Der. It is also 10 speed vs 9 speed.

The XC30 will be a much more capable/tunable fork.

The brakes are probably very similar and the rest looks the same.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I personaly think that the forks alone are worth the differance in price. The suntour is going to weight a lot more then the rockshox, and the rockshox will perform so much better. Otherwise almost everything about the components make the 710 a better bike and worth the price. The 710 has much better front and rear derailleurs with the shimano xt shadow rear and the deore front, also the shifters them selves are better being deore's, so the 710 will shift a lot better then the 730. The 710 is a 3x10 drivetrain with an 11-36 cassette, and the 730 is a 3x9 drivetrain with an 11-34 cassette. Which means that the 710 will climb better because it will weight less and have better gears for climing. The 710 also has a slightly better rear hub, and should engage better when you pedal.

If you have the funds and plan on riding trails I would have to recommend the 710 over 730.

I hope this helped you out, and good luck.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
I ride bikes
2,420 Posts
Cube makes some pretty good bikes for the money.

The rock shox xc30 is pretty entry level, but that is the best version of the fork.
The 30 is the stanchion diameter. 30mm is going to be decently stiff for an xc bike.
Air means it uses an Air spring which is highly tunable.
Gold means it it uses the Aluminum stanchions vs the heavy steel stanchions that are in the Silver version. Those two features give it a decently low weight 1842g.
TK is the damper.
Poplock is the handlebar mounted remote that allows you to lockout the fork.

Hope that helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts