Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 (06?) Magura Asgard, 100mm air with the lockout. I am trying to figure out the graph for setting preload. According to the graph, my weight 80 kg should be between 3 and 5 bar. However, below it says to "add 2.5 bar with lockout". Does that mean I should be using between 5.5 and 7.5 bar?

I setup the fork to give me 25-30% negative travel, which settled the pressure between 4 and 5 bar. I found going over 5 to be too stiff.

How much preload are you using?

Another general question about air/oil forks: Is it OK to be hanging my bike upside down or will the oil leak out of the crown?

·
- factotum -
821 Posts
Azz guard

Hi,
mine is a Asgard 80mm and I had it adjusted to pressure levels just as the manual said. It was way too stiff then. I lowered the pressure about 1 bar and it were just fine then. So I guess I am too light for that fork...
Sorry I don't know about the lockout.

I never saw a fork leaking when turned around btw.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I have the asgaard 100 (w/o lock out). Yes, you are supposed to add the 2.5 because it's a larger air chamber. but I find the recommended settings are too stiff.

i don't know how long you have had it but they recomend about 100 hours for break in. It a really long time and I go about 10 hours a week riding and I just about at the end of the break in and I notice a difference in feel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts