Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently I ride a KM with the KM fork. The bike is set up with gears. I love the handling of the bike but sometimes miss some suspension. That leads me to the question, which FS 29er handles similar to the KM?

·
Always Learning
9,608 Posts
carl1266 said:
Currently I ride a KM with the KM fork. The bike is set up with gears. I love the handling of the bike but sometimes miss some suspension. That leads me to the question, which FS 29er handles similar to the KM?
A KM with a suspension fork and a Thudbuster.:D

·
Always Learning
9,608 Posts
carl1266 said:
So you think a Thudbuster will give me the same result that rear suspension would? ;)
It would give you a pretty cushy ride with front suspension and the Thud. Not to mention for the 2 it would be about $1500+ less expensive than a decent FS 29"er. Then again, I'm not one to talk about saving money. I've got tricked out bikes (KM, Dos and Sugar 293).:cool:

I run the KM rigid, but have tried the Thud and front suspension on it. It was a boat anchor with all of those goodies, but very comfy on the trail.

BB

·
Jacob 34:19
516 Posts
Depends on what you're looking for...

I ride my KM rigid and love the way it handles. Though it is considerably more punishing than my Niner is rigid. Different steel and very different feel to the fork.

Finding a fork with a similar short A-C (468 I believe) and 43mm of offset might be tricky. Most if not all the current offerings would increase your trial thus affecting the handling.

The thuddy might improve comfort but will do nothing to improve performance. If that's what you're after, a FS ride designed for the current crop of forks might be a better option all the way around.

If you're just looking to increase comfort, you might try higher volume tires at a lower PSI first. Tubeless tires help a bunch with this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.