Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Inbred Homebrewer
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the eye-to-eye length is for the Fox Alps 5R that came stock on '97-'98 Mantra Race?

Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Werid, looks like 6 3/4 " to me

I measured this shock from my dead red Mantra race. I did my best to measure from center of bolt hole to bolt hole and it really looks like 6.75 inches. The camera skews the shot, but the end of the tape is placed in the center of the top hole, and the camera is right above the second hole. Are you interested in this shock? I measured the air pressure when I took the picture and it was at 120lbs so it evidently still holds air.

Cheers!

Attachments

·
Inbred Homebrewer
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nickv said:
I measured this shock from my dead red Mantra race. I did my best to measure from center of bolt hole to bolt hole and it really looks like 6.75 inches. The camera skews the shot, but the end of the tape is placed in the center of the top hole, and the camera is right above the second hole. Are you interested in this shock? I measured the air pressure when I took the picture and it was at 120lbs so it evidently still holds air.

Cheers!
Thanks much for the info. Sorry, no, I'm not interested in buying another. I have one that works fine and is almost brand new (original was replaced by Fox after it sprang a leak in '00) I've put very few miles on it since, becuase I went back to riding my hardtail while I was waiting for the replacement and, really, never went back to riding the Mantra.

The reason I asked is because I was wondering if the Alps would fit on my girlfriend's Kona Kikapu because her stock Fox Vanilla sucks. No adjustability, and it's oversprung for her. Spoke to a rep from Kona who told me it wouldn't work shortly after posting here. (Vanilla = 6.5" w/ 1.5" stroke)

Anyway, thanks again for taking the time to check!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.