Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Founder: Dirty3hirties
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.....No it's not a suspension question....no it's not about split pivot.....or what you have next up your sleeve.....it's just a personal question. Not trying to put you on the spot, but more just to get an idea of the person behind the suspension.

So the question is......

Out of all the bikes you have helped design, which one do YOU prefer to ride.....most often? I know it may be a hard choice, and you may not even be able to say....maybe it's too subjective. Maybe you don't wanna step on anyone's toes. But just like any of us, we all have favorites...just trying to get an idea of what you kinda like.

This just crossed my mind cuz I read your post about your ride through the snow and freezing temps. I read that thinking "I wonder what he was riding?".

And just so you know....I'm not looking for you to say "Mojo"...I'm just as amped for the Turners (can't wait till DT finalizes the RFX for next year).....should be sweet. So to be clear...I'm not so much an Ibis fan...I'm a DW one.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
ddraewwg said:
.....No it's not a suspension question....no it's not about split pivot.....or what you have next up your sleeve.....it's just a personal question. Not trying to put you on the spot, but more just to get an idea of the person behind the suspension.

So the question is......

Out of all the bikes you have helped design, which one do YOU prefer to ride.....most often? I know it may be a hard choice, and you may not even be able to say....maybe it's too subjective. Maybe you don't wanna step on anyone's toes. But just like any of us, we all have favorites...just trying to get an idea of what you kinda like.

This just crossed my mind cuz I read your post about your ride through the snow and freezing temps. I read that thinking "I wonder what he was riding?".

And just so you know....I'm not looking for you to say "Mojo"...I'm just as amped for the Turners (can't wait till DT finalizes the RFX for next year).....should be sweet. So to be clear...I'm not so much an Ibis fan...I'm a DW one.
Well, the bike I like most, I think that's my Sunday, I'm a downhiller at heart, what can I say.. I'll tell you what though, I am REALLY looking forward to the DHR hitting production, because that bike is a BLAST. I think that it has some huge potential.

I ride a good deal of XC miles, most of it in the name of suspension testing. Yesterday however, was just a fun ride. I was riding my Mojo, with a set of freshly installed Maxxis 2.4's all Stans'ed up to Mavic XC wheels. (So I could float on some of the ice glazed snow).

Over the 2008 year, I probably spent the most miles on the Mach 5 working to get shocks dialed in on the bike. The year before (2007) it was almost exclusively Mojo, and the year before that (2006) I rode a lot of miles on the Type 6 (never produced) and 6POINT. 2004 and 2005 were MKIII and Azure mania.

I've got a new 5 spot coming in the next few days, and that will get added to the rotation pretty soon. I've already done a lot of shock testing on the Spot, so I won't need to get too crazy on that right off.

All in all, I never go more than a couple weeks between rides on any one of my bikes, they all get love.

:)

Dave

·
Founder: Dirty3hirties
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
littlejohn said:
lol @ DW's response.. Its very PC, as I noticed he mentionsevery brand that is using DWLinks... hehehe
Yes while that may be true, I don't think it's unexpected. Neither do I think that he was trying to be PC. Just because he did mention all the brands doesn't mean that it isn't true. He created those bikes so he has to have a special place in his heart for all of them. :thumbsup:

I did find the Sunday to be a surprise...he did say it's his favorite. I just didn't know that he was a DH'er by heart so this kinda gives me the insite that I was looking for.

I am totally envious of his stable....I can only imagine the dilemma of choosing which bike to ride. I'd go schizo thinking of all the possibilities...... :D

·
bike rider
5,569 Posts
He designed the entire frame of the Sunday. I think he only designed the suspension of the other bikes. Besides, a DH bike always rides best. Best feeling suspension, cornering, braking, and traction with no compromises made for climbing possition.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
mmmm. I would not know what to ride.. I only have 2 bikes and I must admit since having the MOJO my swichblade never gets touched... I did say I would build the SB up for my night riding so I dont have to put lights on and take them off again.... but for the last year she has been hanging on the wall. mmmm maybe ill take it out tonight.... but the mojo just rides so sweet.

·
half tread will travel
240 Posts
'I've got a new 5 spot coming in the next few days, and that will get added to the rotation pretty soon. I've already done a lot of shock testing on the Spot, so I won't need to get too crazy on that right off.'

hey dw, yeah, it seems you did your due diligence on the spot set up according to the what i have read especially with the dw link dialed in with a large air canned rp23 fox shock...what do you think of the addition to the lopes link for the 09 mojo line.???i can't help but wonder whats next...any hints...???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.