Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Category Winner
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the Teasdale your only bike? Did you ride a geared bike before? Have you ridden full suspension before?
After this weekend I am trying to figure out when I would ever want to ride my Id. I haven't had it long, but I can only think about riding my single speed. I could sell the Id and all its parts, order a ti ebb SS, build it, then sell the Spicer. I would love to have it be the "be all end all" kind of thing. Once I tried riding fixie at work I couldn't imagine riding anything else. Now that is how I feel about SS mtb'ing. I really enjoyed it in the mtns more than I thought I would. I have't been without a BIG BIKE for almost three years. I have always had a bike with big travel/big tires.
What do you think?

·
Registered
124 Posts
variety

I've got the Teasdale, a '01 S-Works FSR, a Cinelli Starship, and Surly Crosscheck.

Last time I rode the FSR was about two months ago when the Teesdale finally arrived
to replace my broken Two Circles. I never ride it, but it's nice to have around, just in
case. I rode geared FS for about 3 years before going SS. I sort of miss rear suspension
sometimes, but the tradeoff in complexity, maintenance and weight just don't seem
worth it. Same with gears - they're sort of nice sometimes but overall just not worth the
hassle.

After stuff like yesterday, I ask myself "would you REALLY have done any better on the
FSR?" Naaaahhh. But if I had a Big Bike, i might take it out more - I can see how that
would be fun. Are you sure you want to sell it? I'd think hard about it. Having a spare
bike is nice when your chainstay randomly snaps in half. Not that I'd know or
anything.... :rolleyes:

How are you feeling? I'm beginning to suspect I broke my wrist again on that last
section. It's got a nice big knot and some fun colors going today, and now that I've
sobered up it's hurtin' like a mofo ! Great job yesterday.... are you going to the
Shenedoah 100?

ZB

·
Category Winner
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am a little sore

When I wrecked going down Kitsuma I bruised my leg and butt, did something to my calf, and bent my rotor.
I don't think I will make the Shen 100. I would have to leave Fri after work and that would be kind of a stretch. I plan on prioritizing it next year along with the WV/Granny Gear stage race. I am doing Bridge to Bridge @ the same time as the SH100. I am married, so only so many things a year, you know.
I have other bikes available if I ever snapped my only bike. I have too many friends with too many bikes. I just don't know when I would ever choose my Id over my SS, honestly.
Oh well, I am going to think about it. I don't know what ti ss builder I would choose. Some are just over the top on pricing. I know there are issues of quality, but I honestly think you are paying for a name with some of them.

·
zeebot
1,125 Posts
brewSSard said:
I've got the Teasdale, a '01 S-Works FSR, a Cinelli Starship, and Surly Crosscheck.

Last time I rode the FSR was about two months ago when the Teesdale finally arrived
to replace my broken Two Circles. I never ride it, but it's nice to have around, just in
case. I rode geared FS for about 3 years before going SS. I sort of miss rear suspension
sometimes, but the tradeoff in complexity, maintenance and weight just don't seem
worth it. Same with gears - they're sort of nice sometimes but overall just not worth the
hassle.

After stuff like yesterday, I ask myself "would you REALLY have done any better on the
FSR?" Naaaahhh. But if I had a Big Bike, i might take it out more - I can see how that
would be fun. Are you sure you want to sell it? I'd think hard about it. Having a spare
bike is nice when your chainstay randomly snaps in half. Not that I'd know or
anything.... :rolleyes:

How are you feeling? I'm beginning to suspect I broke my wrist again on that last
section. It's got a nice big knot and some fun colors going today, and now that I've
sobered up it's hurtin' like a mofo ! Great job yesterday.... are you going to the
Shenedoah 100?

ZB
sux about the wrist! i just got home from my painful race similar to yours. damn, was it fun but damn was it long!

only me and one other singlespeeder were there among the 100 other riders. we got 14th and 15th place so we showed them silly geared bikes up i think:)

i'll see ya at the shen. 100 if you plan on going!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.