Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Team Sanchez
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are any of you guys 6'2 or taller? If so, what length stem are you using on your ASX, and, what type of riding are you doing on your bike? My little bro is going to be getting one soon. He is 6'2, and I'm concerned that the large may be a bit small for larger riders. Thanks in advance. He will be using it for aggressive trail riding, including extended climbs, and also some FR.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I'm just 1/4" shy of 6'4", and ride a Large. There's no way it will be too small for your 6'2" brother in any way. In fact, as I get more confident with my riding, I wish that the top tube was a bit shorter than 24"... I currently run a 888R with the integrated stem, but am switching to a 40mm one, just to get more upright and to be able to get behind the seat with more ease.
If your brother is going to use it more as a heavy duty trail bike, with say, the 6" Breakout, I'd recommend 60mm stem - you don't want to go any longer than this, it will stretch him out too much IMO, and make the bike feel a bit weird in handling. This bike by design is meant to be ridden in a more upright position.

Arek

·
Registered
3 Posts
He'll be fine,

I had the same doubts before buying mine - but I chose the medium! and I'm just shy of 6'2. To add a little lenght, I use a diablous 70mm stem.

BTW Yeti recommends both the medium and the large for guys 6'1 and 6'2

El Chingon said:
Are any of you guys 6'2 or taller? If so, what length stem are you using on your ASX, and, what type of riding are you doing on your bike? My little bro is going to be getting one soon. He is 6'2, and I'm concerned that the large may be a bit small for larger riders. Thanks in advance. He will be using it for aggressive trail riding, including extended climbs, and also some FR.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.