Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering a 2014 Tallboy Aluminum. I am not a fan of the green color option, but the alternative....the grey/orange looks strange on the website. I like grey, but this looks almost like a dark blue.

I haven't seen one in person, so if you own a Tallboy in the grey/orange, what are your thoughts? Is it a true grey, or does it look different in person? Any real world pictures you could share would be most helpful.

This may seem like a superficial question, but I tend to hold on to my bike frames for a long time (currently riding a 1997 Kona), so I need to be happy with my bike's color.

Thanks in advance....

GP

·
Clueless Bastard
684 Posts
Studio pics with funky lighting can make nearly every color look screwy. In addition, nearly everything that's run by a PR agency gets photochopped to some extent. Maybe use the Googs and find some pix that folks have taken of their bikes?

I too have seen this frame @ the shop where I bought my new TB. I think the color was kinda cool. Clearly a gun metal grey, similar to what I've seen on surly bikes in recent years. I seems to me to be a touch darker than how the studio image you're using appears.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.