Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if the forums effect the sales of bikes and parts? If so when we leave good reviews about a product we are screwing our selves because the company will charge more next year. True or False??

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I think the companies are going to charge what they are going to charge. While positive reviews are going to influence specific bike purchses, and negative reviews will discourage specific bike puchases, I highly doubt that this will have an influence over the price. I'd say a more porwerful influence is supply and demand.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Yes I agree that supply and demand is a powerful influence, but if you take Ragley bikes for example. Without these forums, and the help/insight that the designer Brant provides here, I wouldn't be waiting for the day that CRC gets in the new blue pigs!

I think customer relations, reviews, and so on can make or break the sale of bikes.

·
Never trust a fart
4,543 Posts
Forums will have little to zero bearing on bike sales and parts. People actually visiting/posting on forums is just a small percentage of those actually buying bikes/parts.

Reviews will have a small bearing, but most of the time is word of mouth and customer service of bike shops that have the biggest bearing on sales.

There is a saying I've used in the past.

When I do something good, no one remembers. When I do something bad, no one forgets.

Bad new travels faster than good news.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
jpeters said:
I am wondering if the forums effect the sales of bikes and parts? If so when we leave good reviews about a product we are screwing our selves because the company will charge more next year. True or False??
Yes, the forums can affect sales.

But no, It does not increase prices if a product is more popular.

If something does not sell, it will not be available at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.