Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question. I'm looking for a new wheelset for my Jamis '09 Dakota Sport. I need to know what the difference is between a centerlock type wheel and a 6 bolt type. I don't know what type mine is, i tried looking in my manual and couldn't find anything. If anybody can tell me which one i need for mine that would be great :confused: .
Suggestions on a set too would be appreciated. Something that'll hold up to a little bit of abuse once in a while and won't break the bank.

Thanks- Odin

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Odin Bane said:
Just a quick question. I'm looking for a new wheelset for my Jamis '09 Dakota Sport. I need to know what the difference is between a centerlock type wheel and a 6 bolt type. I don't know what type mine is, i tried looking in my manual and couldn't find anything. If anybody can tell me which one i need for mine that would be great :confused: .
Suggestions on a set too would be appreciated. Something that'll hold up to a little bit of abuse once in a while and won't break the bank.

Thanks- Odin
The difference is the way the brake rotor is connected to the hub. If you see six bolt heads, you have 6-bolt hubs.

·
Former Bike Wrench
15,976 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mtnbiker72 said:
According to Jamis, you have centerlock currently...though you could buy 6 bolt rotors if needed.

These are a good deal with the excellent Shimano SLX centerlock hubs and good WTB Laser Disc XC rims, all handbuilt with DT spokes.

http://www.bicyclewheelwarehouse.com/mountain/cross-country/wtb-laserdisc-xc-custom/prod_88.html
Thank you so much. I never knew that site existed, i gave myself $300 to spend on wheels :thumbsup: lookin at the slx hubs, and mavic xm819 wheels. think thats a good combo?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts