Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to pick up another wheelset so i have one setup for trail riding and another for recreational road riding. I was thinking of picking up a set of velocity blunt wheelset, since i THINK they are wider (at 28mm) then my current factory wheels, should I put my stock moutain tires on the blunts and a set of schwalbe 700x50c on my factory wheels. or doesnt matter.
I would like to match everything for whats best. Are the blunts not appropriate for my application? would they be better for my offroad tires, which are 29x2.0 in rear and 29x2.25 up front.

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
4slomo said:
Keep in mind that you may want higher air pressures for recreational road riding, and when selecting a rim make sure it is rated for the air pressures.
y no one to here answer the question ....
Ah I see, thank you for your insight, I'll be sure to come back here if I have any problems in the future

actually me having one doubt ..wer can i get Velocity Wheels Vw200 in best price

·
Custom Wheelbuilder
533 Posts
The Blunt will be just fine for your trail applications, however it may be a bit heavy for the road. Now, with that said if your simply riding recreationally on the road, I doubt those extra grams are going to cause any problems. In my experience that is a pretty damn durable hoop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.