Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I am fairly new at MTBing. I ahve had my bike for 5 months or so and there is a local event I am considering to do. It is called Judgement Day and I will have to cover 12 different trails in the Dallas Fort Worth area in less then 24 hours at the end of June. I am not sure what the total distance will be covered yet but the longest I have ever spent ina saddle is 4 hours and I know I will need to more then that to cover all trails. I will have a driver to drive me between trails around the DFW area. I know heat is going to be an issue but what else should I looking for as a newbie?

What should I be looking for in a training program? I am not sure if I should be doing more long slow rides or a bunch of sprints to help with my recovery.

·
Read Only
950 Posts
Since this is all new to you, the best thing you can do is to just ride your bike. Ride shorter faster rides, longer slower rides, whatever you have time for. Get used to carrying the appropriate amount of water with you, and get used to eating while you are riding. Spending time on your bike will bring to the surface your weaknesses. Do you get really hungry, tired climbing, or in the flats? Where do you struggle when you ride with groups? Focusing on your weaknesses and JUST riding will help a lot. Remember, have fun!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts