Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a zion ebb frame and I haven't finshed building it yet. A few questions.

Does anyone have one? Do they like it?
Do I need to lube the ebb before I put it in the frame? I know they can seize and I want to make sure it doesn't happen. If I do lube it do I lube the whole thing including where the bolts make contact?

Any info would be great.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
BJF said:
...Do I need to lube the ebb before I put it in the frame? I know they can seize and I want to make sure it doesn't happen. If I do lube it do I lube the whole thing including where the bolts make contact?

Any info would be great.

Thanks
Grease the whole inside of the BB shell and the outside of the eccentric.

·
Mtn Biker Machinist
1,298 Posts
You read my mind!

I just got my Zion EBB yesterday, and it's at the LBS getting the headset installed. Check out the "post your single speed" thread, The OP (Trond) has a Zion built up pretty nice. Post pics and a ride report when you get her done, and I'll do the same! Thanks for answering my question before I asked it Shiggy! Can I use regular park green grease, or do I need something special? Thanks!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Mine is nearing completion....What parts is everyone building theres up with...let me know I am curious, mine is gonna be right around $2500

Zion frame
Rock Shocks Reba SL U-turn
Avid BB7's
Shimano Hone Integrated crank
Salsa 36 tooth Chainring
Salsa bar, stem, quickreleases
Syncros dp25 wheels with xt rear and speedlite front hub
python tires
Shimano mx30 pedals

·
Mtn Biker Machinist
1,298 Posts
My build

Mine is a combo of new stuff, old parts from my converted ss, and parts I robbed from my Trek Fuel FS that now hangs almost naked and lonely in the garage!

Zion 853 EBB frame
Surly rigid fork
Red CK headset
No name machined stem
On One Mary bar (not here yet)
ODI rogue lock on grips
Hayes hydro brakes
Rolf dolomite disc wheelset
Cheap Tahoma post ($5.50!)
Bontrager Saddle
Shimano BB (UN-72?)
Truvativ 5D cranks (way old)
Salsa 36T ring
18T rear cog (from an old cassette, once I nail down the ratio, will order an endless or maybe even a Boone Ti.)
Bontrager Jones 2.1 rear tire
Kenda Kinetics 2.35 front tire

Those with a Zion frame, what rear tire are you running, how wide? I am hoping to stuff something a bit wider in the rear, but we'll have to see!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine will be built with the following

zion ebb
rock shox reba sl uturn
thomson stem and post
avid mechanicals
cane creek s2 headset
answer 2 degree bars
wtb saddle - the one that is bright silver
truvativ cranks - 33 tooth
raceface bottom bracket
rocky mountain seat collar - super cheap from cambria
gusset wheel conversion in the back
undecided about wheels
need brake levers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.