Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
About to buy a new bike and not sure if it will be an Epic Expert(not the EVO version) or the s-works. I have heard about some Brain mishaps, but thats all I have heard.

Any experience with the Expert? are the Roval wheelset okay? The Brain fork? Is it worth the extra money to go S-Works?
best regards

·
Registered
255 Posts
You can google every model and brand of something and will have find reported problems. I just received the EXPERT, about 200km on it.. Everything looks and works fine to me so far. Roval wheels are quite stiff, in a good way !Brain fork seems toned down from previous version and I have set near the middle to firm.

I just added a carbon bar and will add an SWorks or PRO Phenom saddle, but I had it at 22.9 pounds (I'll double check) with cage and tool.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I think the S-WORKS is worth the extra especially if your looking to keep it a long time as it won't need little upgrades and it's got the best wheelset brakes etc. Brain is a great system all around!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.