Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry VT fans, I made the transition to a Reign. But who could bame me. I picked up a brand new 05 Reign 3 frame and brand new 06 Zork AM1 fork all for $750 combined! My question is, does anyone know off hand if i will have any fit probs? Ill be using my XT drive train and Titec point of contact parts. Want do I need to up grade to a 8 inch Hayes rotor in front. Oh and dont worry VT guys. The frame and fork are going to lil bro, so the VT will live on.

·
I live to bike
2,450 Posts
for the rotor, just stop by your lbs, they should either have, or at least be able to order you the 8 inch Hayes adapter and a rotor. (make sure you get the correct adapter, since your present caliper fits onto a post mount and your new fork is IS mount) Most parts should swap out pretty easily; I can't think of any that should give you any difficulty. well, not sure on the front derailleur on the VT--Reign uses a top pull, top swing. Other than that, you should be good!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.