Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
say the height of my headtube, headset, and stem is a little less than 1/2 inch taller than my steerer tube, if the headset bolt is long enough, will everything work out?

·
notabouttoseeyourlight
2,664 Posts
that's a bit much for stem overlap IMO... Can you run your headset without the dust cover on the top? Might be able to get a little more steerer out that way.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
Lickqid said:
say the height of my headtube, headset, and stem is a little less than 1/2 inch taller than my steerer tube, if the headset bolt is long enough, will everything work out?
take a PIC, but it sounds like you should get a new steerer.......not worth it if you take a big jump and it fails because it is a tad short

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can't take the dust cover off, last time I did that I had noticable movement in the fork unfortunately. I might be able to tighten up the assembly a bit to get maybe another mm or so, but not much. If it works then something like 3/5 of the stem would be grabbing the steerer. I can't take a pic because I don't have the fork, I'm just thinking of buying it,

How much does marz charge to install a new steerer?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.