Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the standard levers on my BB7 brakes. The small allen screw is supposed to be for reach adjust but I find it makes little difference in reach. Is the Speed Dial 7 better at this? The red adjustment knob is exactly for what? I am considering hydraulics, but I ride in extremely cold weather and would like to keep the bb7 brakes if I could get the lever in a position where I could easily reach it and brake with one finger.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
The speed dial 7's do have a reach adjust but the red dial assists with modulation basically. It effects when you're brakes are engaging basically. I can't explain how it works technically and I'm probably not describing it correctly but when I used them they were noticeably better than any other mech lever I had used.

On the speed dials and other levers I have used the reach adjust has only been a few mm's. Nothing to drastic

·
Registered
883 Posts
The red knob basically adjusts leverage . You definitely feel the difference which is a personal preference.
The reach adjust works well, keep turning the screw even after it disappears into the body

Pedaling

1 - 3 of 3 Posts