Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Spanish Marathon Racer
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

I have an 07 Ellsworth Rogue and it came with a Fox DHX 5 shock. It is a great shock but I am running DH races and I would like to have a second shock to use it meanwhile the fox was being fixed if it brokes. I am thinking to buy this:
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=3155

Could you tell me more about this shock?
Plushness?
Reliability?

Thank you :thumbsup:

·
Just another FOC'er
2,222 Posts
I've got a Romic and I always liked the feel of it. I've also got a DHXc and find the Romic quite a bit plusher. Recently my Romic did start to leak though, so until I get it fixed it's off the bike. Reliability probably isn't the strongest feature of Romic shocks, but then again I know some people that have been running them for years with no servicing and they're working great.

If I was to buy another shock right now it would probably be the Marz Roco TST. I'm not sure the Roco is the most reliable shock out there either though...

·
Spanish Marathon Racer
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, but, for example, a Roco TST in Chainreactioncycles costs about 380-400 Euros ando doesn´t comes with Spring. But the Romic comes with spring and costs about 320. So money is money... :)

Danno what use your romic for?

Thank you.

PD: Sorry about my english, it´s a bit rusty :p

·
Just another FOC'er
2,222 Posts
Rapier said:
Yes, but, for example, a Roco TST in Chainreactioncycles costs about 380-400 Euros ando doesn´t comes with Spring. But the Romic comes with spring and costs about 320. So money is money... :)

Danno what use your romic for?

Thank you.

PD: Sorry about my english, it´s a bit rusty :p
I've got the Romic on a Turner 5-Spot. In the group I ride with friends have had them on Turner RFXs, Turner DHRs, Intense M1s, SC Bullits, Azonic Sabers, Ellsworth Jokers, etc. Most have held up pretty good, but some have leaked.

I find the Romic to be a very linear feeling shock. Kind of like the old Vanilla RC, but with low speed compression adjustment to take out seated pedal bob. I find it to be really smooth. I don't know if it's because it's a 2005, but I find my DHXc (on a Turner 6-Pack) has too much low speed compression no matter what the setting are.

IMHO, the Romic's great if it doesn't leak.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
for a back up shock you might consider a used one, instead of a bran new one...you know "money is money"

what is your eye to eye.....I have a just Romic serviced 9 inch eye to eye used shock........for around 140 euros with shipping

·
Spanish Marathon Racer
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mine is 222 mms, wich is 8,75 inches.

Do you have a shop, shiver?

·
Just another FOC'er
2,222 Posts
Rapier said:
mine is 222 mms, wich is 8,75 inches.

Do you have a shop, shiver?
8.75 X 2.75 ? If so I'd buy one of the $99 5th Elements that Santa Cruz is blowing out. I bought one and I'm using it now. That's a tough price to beat.

·
Spanish Marathon Racer
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
.Danno. said:
8.75 X 2.75 ? If so I'd buy one of the $99 5th Elements that Santa Cruz is blowing out. I bought one and I'm using it now. That's a tough price to beat.
Could you tell me a link or something?

Will they send it to spain?

·
Just another FOC'er
2,222 Posts
Rapier said:
Could you tell me a link or something?

Will they send it to spain?
http://www.santacruzbicycles.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=25_72

All the V10/VPFree shocks are 8.75 X 2.75. That's what I bought and I'm using it on an Iron Horse SGS DH. I wish I had bought a Bullit sized shock before they sold out because now my old Bullit shock is blown as well.

Email them [email protected] and ask whether sending it to Spain is a problem or just try putting the order in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.