Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know whether bikes can take Ridge Trail all the way north from Hawk Trail to Rapley Ranch Road, as displayed on the preserve map? When I tried to ride it, so that I could continue on Skyline 35 to Windy Hill, I came to a sign on Ridge that said "Private Property" and "No Bicycles", and I didn't see any other trail to continue with so I turned around and rode back to the main Russian Ridge entrance.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
You must have missed the singletrack to the right (east) before the ridge road ends (in other words you probably ended up at RR06 gate shown on the map). Either that, or you missed one of the spots where the singletrack crosses a private road and ended up on that instead. It's pretty easy to miss some of those when the grass is really high (if they haven't cut it back) but it should be easy to find now. Did you go by the wooden picnic platform?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I rode past the picnic platform, which was on my left, and right after that, the trail went slightly toward the left, and then dumped onto a fire road which had the no bike access sign. I didn't see any other trails there, even when I backtracked.:???:

I thought the trail that dumped me on the fire road stopped there. But maybe it continued on the other side of the fireroad and I missed it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.