Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I was out walking the dogs along the bike path and thought I'd take a look around the mountain bike jump park that's I've heard about - although there was a guy riding in there, the entrance from the bike path is posted "KEEP OUT". Just out of curiosity, what's the status of the park, I thought the newspaper articles last month said it was done? I also heard a rumor from a city person that the city is going to have Acme bike shop run the park, kind of like public golf courses are run by management companies - is it going to be an entrance fee facility?

·
Registered
692 Posts
It is closed off for the time being due to all the water. There is a workday scheduled for tomorrow. Some areas like the upper pump track are dry and ridable. It will be free and open,Acme is simply a sponsor,contributer and supporter, they will not "run" the park.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on the "Keep Out" sign-we should have had that down. More of the park is opening everyday with the warm conditions and hard workers. The signage was from the days when the entire area was a mud bog. We have been working several hours during the day, along with riding. So far the upper pump track, roller line, beginner line, and expert jumps (3) are rideable and a blast. A work day is scheduled for Sunday 9am to noon. Come by and check it out-fun for all abilities and ages. Any other questions check out www.bhmba.org under contacts.
dirk

·
HIKE!
1,657 Posts
It is entirely on City Parks Land, and is a City Park Facility. BHMBA (www.bhmba.org) is the volunteer non profit organization that built it and has entered an MOU (memorandum of understanding) for ongoing maintenence, trash pick up, inspection, enforcement and the like. Feel encouraged to join BHMBA and get involved with off road cycling from kids classes, racing, advocacy, group rides and any matter of ATB issues.

The DJ Park is governed by City Parks Rules and Regs. Basically free and open to all from dawn to dark. Special events (competition, demos, etc), repairs/construction, and super muddy conditions, are a couple of the things that could have it shut down a day here or there to the public. It is not a lease situation like a golf course, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.