Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have what I belive to be the sweetest 96 Adroit(the last year of the REAl Adroit)have owned it since 96 it was a up graded warrenty to my 93 Attitude that I bought in 1993.I had sent back to Klein in late 1999 to have it re-painted Gator Liner Fade(which was the stock color of the 93 Attitude) Anyway getting to the point I swore in 2000 that I would retire this piece of art from the woods and street tires now replaced nobbies(In fear of killing this sweet sweet bike) Allways wanting to switch tires and rip up the woods at last came to be to much for me as I swiched and rode my baby in the woods this past Sat.and Sun.(I'm sure I don't have to tell you it was soooo much fun) My Question at last is If for some reason I did the un think-able and broke this beauty,what would happen in terms of warrenty?I'm sure there is no sweet 96 Adroit's hanging around the Trek ware house.I pray I never have to really need a answer to this question,but I still would like to know what would happen.And or has this happened to anyone else.Thanks.Sorry no pic.But would love to see any old school Klein Pic.CF..

·
Mantis, Paramount, Campy
4,761 Posts
Probably An Attitude

Are you sure its a real Adroit? A lot of the '96 Adroits were really Attitudes with Adroit 'decals' Trek had bought them and the production of real Adroits had stopped by then.

But anyway...should you break it and your dealer deem it is worthy of warranty I would think you'd get a new Attitude frame. Top of the line frame for top of the line frame. That's how it goes. Models change over the years, it happens.

·
Banned
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Am I sure its a real Adroit,r u alright dude?

Shayne said:
Are you sure its a real Adroit? A lot of the '96 Adroits were really Attitudes with Adroit 'decals' Trek had bought them and the production of real Adroits had stopped by then.

But anyway...should you break it and your dealer deem it is worthy of warranty I would think you'd get a new Attitude frame. Top of the line frame for top of the line frame. That's how it goes. Models change over the years, it happens.
Are you kidding me?As If its not bad enough there has only been 20 views and ONE reply to this thread(which screems to me what I thought going into this thread)most of you so called Klein people for sure don't even own one(ADROIT),I'd bet most don't enen know what one is.Do you Shayne?Adroit 'decals'? HaHaHa Do you know anything about the first two seriel #'s on a Klien? Do you know what the Strata fork is? do you what the color options were for the Attitudes and the Adroit for 96?I'll give all color's from 90 to 96 for the Adroit's ,Attitudes,ferver's,Pulse,pinical.ect,ect, Thanks for the weak as$ reply and the insult,I'd rather you just call my Mother a whore,as least that's true....Much more to a Adroit vrs Attitude than DECALS Shayne,like frame mat.tubing,front fork,paint,ser.#'s.I may not spell good BUT I do know my old Kleins(or the real Kleins)lucky for I'm in a good mood today..Peace CF...

·
Mantis, Paramount, Campy
4,761 Posts
Oh Please....

I won't even bother to retort the points in your rant.
Just so we get things clear: you do know that after Trek took over in 1995 that no more real Adroits were produced?

·
Banned
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll tell what I do know punk nuts

Shayne said:
I won't even bother to retort the points in your rant.
Just so we get things clear: you do know that after Trek took over in 1995 that no more real Adroits were produced?
In Feb.of 95 my very good freind Fred W. who's best best buddy(the Klein rep at that time)same guy who got him his 96 Adroit and also GAVE him a 94 Attitude(with what custom paint job for 94 Shayne?)that's right 94 night storm.Unlike the last two years storm paint job before this one.Which would be 92-93 storm paint job(same one Tinker had in 91-92 before he went to Crack and fail in 93)But you knew that anyway right SHAYNE. Anyway Shayne baby I'm quite sure of what I have.BTW no info for me about 96 Adroit tubing,rigid fork options(and its material)color's ect,ect,?That's what I thought.Incase you care to take this to the next step go to my site www.dieselbikes.com and you may contact me there.CF......

·
Mantis, Paramount, Campy
4,761 Posts
Hmmm, Let's See

I answered your original question, then posed a question of my own and you get all bent out of shape. Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. I was truely curious if you had an Adroit.

Its a moot point for the warranty issue. If they honor a warranty claim you'll get an Attitude XX or whatever they're calling it these days.

I can chat civilly about Klein all day if you'd like, shoot me a PM. Lets invite Bernd, Carsten, Dave, Frank, Jason, Martin, Thilo, Tim and maybe a few others and have a big old school Klein discussion.

·
Mantis, Paramount, Campy
4,761 Posts
1 Million Mile Warranty

The original Kleins came with basically an unconditional guarantee for the original owner.

Edit: My bad, in '96 they were Trek owned and were down to the 5 year warranty.

·
Banned
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well well well,

Shayne said:
The original Kleins came with basically an unconditional guarantee for the original owner.

Edit: My bad, in '96 they were Trek owned and were down to the 5 year warranty.
Shane baby,I'm shocked you do have some Klein knowledge(all be weak basic knowledge)Pre-trek real deal Kleins(like my Adroit) lifetime warranty to the original owner.Which was the point of this now dreadful useless thread,If I bought a Shelby in 1967 and it was stolen It would not want a 06 Mustang in its place. And as far as the Klein Mantra goes fun fun bike.I went bigger on my 98 Mantra than most now a days on full fledge FR bikes.Once did almost 14 feet to flat back in late 99 2000.As a matter of fact it never even broke but It did crack,and they sent me a Adept.And that was the end of the Klein era for me.Thank ggod for Nicolai....

·
Banned
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Agreed bad analogy,but you got my point now didn't you.

Shayne said:
Trek is usually pretty good about covering out of warranty frames though.
Your car analogy refers to insurance, not warranty claims.
As far as you two Klein pictures go,can you tell me what's what?(which one is the Adroit)And if so how do you(think) you know.

G

·
CRAZY FRED said:
As far as you two Klein pictures go,can you tell me what's what?(which one is the Adroit)And if so how do you(think) you know.
i just MUST shime in here ;) it's pretty obvious which is the Attitude and which the "true" Adroit. and it is not the Strata fork or the X in the serial number that makes the difference...

come one fred, let's see if you can pass the test.

just as a side note, you've posted this thread in the wrong forum. we pre-Trek guys are over in the VRC section ;)
Shayne was correct, you would get a current Attitude as replacement.

Carsten

·
He be a moose too.
2,174 Posts
Ah Freddy. Silly Freddy. Poor Silly Freddy.

You've awoken the sleeping dragons of VRC Kleins. Best be careful you don't get burned.

Everything they have said is 100% correct. I have a cracked 1990 Attitude with the million mile warranty and have checked and would receive a new model in return.

Now Carsten & Shayne, I prostrate myself before thee so you don't have to step in a puddle of water unclean. Thy may trod upon my back until it no longer pleases you....

Now Freddy, that's how one shows the proper respect and all.

Pinguwin

·
I picked two too many
766 Posts
OK, here is another guess . . .

The bottom one has the Gary Klein Patented FlipHolster™ (pat.no. 452878666758)
So you can do the concealed carry thing.

Hahahhahahh!

That's a KLEIN joke for all you historians . . . :thumbsup:

·
VRC Illuminati
17,655 Posts
Hey Fred, if you want to come into this forum and cop attitude to one of our most respected and knowledgeable members, you should really think twice about that.

Shayne answered your question. You don't like the answer, tough, no need to be a jerk about it.

If you're not liking what your hearing, you know where the door is.

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,939 Posts
Carsten said:
i just MUST shime in here ;) it's pretty obvious which is the Attitude and which the "true" Adroit. and it is not the Strata fork or the X in the serial number that makes the difference...
Gee I've only owned Rascals myself but I'd guess the top one is the true Adroit.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.